SOFT COATED WHEATEN WELKS 17
Judge(s): MRS CAROLE BARNES-DAVIES
DCC GREENTREE GOLD MOMBO TO DENZILLY (IMP USA) (MS J L & MR G J DOWDY)
RDCC CH DAISYMAES ENFORCER (MR S & MRS B HOWES)
BCC ABIQUA WILD WRAPPED IN IVY SHCM ( MISS E L & MRS B HOBSON & BRADFORD)
RBCC CH FANTASA BLONDE LILLEY (MS S WITHINGTON)
BOB GREENTREE GOLD MOMBO TO DENZILLY (IMP USA) (MS J L & MR G J DOWDY)
BP FANTASA BLONDE RUFUS (MS S WITHINGTON)
SOFT COATED WHEATEN JUDGE WELKS 17
I would like to thank all exhibitors for the lovely entry and the show committee for their invitation to judge. I really enjoyed my day. I'd like to say that in terms of presentation, uniformity and handling things are certainly now well changed for the better. Some of my decisions were very close and overall I was pleased with the good movement, some of which is definitely down to better schooling and handling of the dog. All of the dogs I placed, and most of those that didn't quite make it, had good dentition, pigmentation and coats. There are few “stuffy” necks and generally the breed presents more of a true terrier outline. It also goes without saying that those placed all moved true fore and aft and kept a level topline. Some excellent quality exhibits.
1. Withington’s Fantasa Blonde Rufus; 7+ months. Nice size & coat for age, lovely head & eye, good shoulders, straight front, tail well set on, nice rear angulation. Moved out well. A lovely package. BP.
2. Thorburn's Northridge Me and Tennessee; 6+ months. Larger than 1 for age. Nice head & eye with good shoulders & front. Good topline and tailset. Moved well.
3. Boast’s Kaliclan Long May You Run.
1. Satherley & Johnstone’s Cameron Fighting Spirit for Silkcroft; Good size. Lovely big black nose and dark eye. Nice head and shoulders. Tail well set. Nice outline and good angulation. Moved well.
2. Brooks' Loofahsa Yankee Doodle; Heavier set than 1. Darker in muzzle with large black nose and dark eye. Good head. Nice straight front and level topline. Good angulation. Moved well.
3. Barrett’s Saffini Shining Star
1. Williams’ Flaxela Living Legend of Gwendonydd; Larger type but balanced. Nice head, black nose and dark eye. Good coat with colour coming in. Tail set on. Moved out ok.
PGD (4, 1abs)
1. Watkins' Zaraslake Lucky Seven; Nice size and presented good outline. Lovely head and dentition with dark eye. Nice front. Level topline into good rear. Nice angulation. Moved out with confidence. Close between 1 & 2.
2. Tilley’s Janeyjimjams Jubilee Star at Starzak; Lovely coat & presentation. Larger set than 1. Nice head & eye. Good dentition and pigment. Nice angulation, Moved ok.
3. Leverton’s Carkbark Goodluck Charm.
1. Dowdy’s Greentree Gold Mombo to Denzilly; Loved his size and ring presence. Nice overall outline which is confirmed on examination. Good coat and colour coming nicely for age. Well presented. Dark eye, black nose and great dentition. Lovely head with well set ears. Nice straight front and good shoulder placement. Kept level topline standing and on the move. Good rear angulation with tail well set on. Moved out well with bags of animation. Happy boy. CC & BOB.
2. Bristow’s Denzilly Sweet Destiny for Avard; Good overall outline. Well presented and in good coat. Nice head and dark eye. Straight front, good shoulder placement and level topline. Nice rear angulation and moved out well. Unlucky to meet 1. in this class.
3. Moles & Williams' Celtannia Extra Suave.
1. Howes' Ch. Daisymaes Enforcer; Deservedly a champion. Beautifully presented in lovely wavy coat of good colour. Good head planes and dark eye. Stands four square keeping a level topline. Straight front and well placed shoulders. Good angulation. Moved out with positivity fore and aft. Have previously given him BP. Pleased to award the RCC.
2. Curati's Multi Ch. Legally Blonde Wolverine; Nice size and very well presented. Good head and dark eye. Neat ears. Nice coat with good colour. Good square outline and nice angulation. Moved out well.
3. Meister & Brooks' Silkcroft Crest of Waves.
VB (5, 1abs)
1. Withingtons' Ch. Fantasa Blonde Lilley; Presented well making a square outline. Lovely coat and colour. Good head and dark eye. Good dentition. Nice front, neck and shoulders. Level topline with tail well set on. Good angulation and positive on the move. RBCC.
2. Bradford's Ch. Abiqua Wild Lace Effect; Another worthy champion. Well presented in good coat. Nice head planes and well set ears. Good straight front and shoulder placement. Good angulation. Lacked the positivity of 1 on the move.
3. Williams' Ch. Brynhir Rochelle Lil Rock.
1. Williams’ Evesvale Rio Ria; Pretty head and good eye. Paler in coat than 2 but coming on shoulders. Good tail set and rear. Moved well.
2. Escott's Sidereal Tennessee Waltz; Nice size and lovely coat. Good head and eye. Nice outline and angulation. Moved well. Still very much a baby. It will come.
3. Thoburn's Mother's Finest Let Leia Go First.
1. Satherley, Meister & Brooks' Silkcroft Some magic Rose; Nicely presented and shown. Good head and eye. Good shoulders, topline and angulation. Good coat with some colour coming in. A shade longer cast than 2. Moved out well. Could swop places with 2 anytime.
2. Jones' Suga Pie Honey Bunch; Nicely presented but wasn't paying attention today. Good head and eye. Straight front and good shoulders. Nice coat colour and texture for age. Moved well when settled. Spirited.
1. Gale’s Flaxela Drop Dead Gorgeous; Stood alone. Nice cobby outline. Coat of good texture though light in colour at the moment. Nicely presented. Good head and nice eye. Straight front and good shoulder. Moved and showed well.
1. Satherley’s Silkcroft Auroras Encore; Well presented giving good outline. Good coat colour coming. Nice head, eye and ears. Well set shoulders and straight front. Good topline and rear angulation. Moved out well.
2. Johnstones' Loofahsa Fiamma Rouxboos; Close call with 1. Much of the same applies. Better colour on 1. at the moment. Moved well.
3. Grant's Dannebriel Gladly Godetia
LB (8,3 abs)
1. Moles and Williams' Celtannia Extra Chic; Good coat with colour coming in. Well presented to give nice outline. Great head and eye. Well laid shoulders and straight front. Good reach of neck into level topline. Good angulation. Tail set well on and kept it up. Moved out well. Liked her very much.
2. Barrett's Saffini Sugar and Spice; Better colour to coat than 1. also a tad smaller in type but today was lacking in enthusiasm. Presented well. Overall balanced and square. Nice head and eye. Good shoulders and front. Good rear angulation. Moved well when settled.
3. Howes' Flaxela New Vision at Daisymaes.
OB (7, 2 abs)
1. Hobson & Bradford’s Abiqua Wild Wrapped In Ivy; Beautifully presented in good coat. Stood four square. Lovely head and eye. Big black nose and self coloured mask. Good size ears. Straight front and good layback of shoulder. Level topline and good rear angulation. Moved out well and shown to advantage. CC.
2. Moles and Williams' Ch. Kinaelan Cachique at Celtania; Well presented with lovely coat. Another worthy champion. Larger than 1. Nice head and eye. Good shoulders and straight front. Level topline and good angulation. Moved out with drive.
3. Satherley's Silkcroft Sky Full of Stars. ShCM IR J CH
Judge MRS CAROLE BARNES-DAVIES
Go To Top Of Page