|Soft Coat Wheaten||South Wales 16 Judge's Critique|
South Wales 16 Judge.
SOFT COATED WHEATEN SOUTH WALES 16
Judge(s): MAX KING
Soft Coated Wheaten T:
1. Dowdy’s Greentree Gold Mombo to Denzilly. What a cracker to start with, nice size and shape and ideal balance, strong head developing, well made front and shoulders, compact body, coat coming on well, moved soundly when putting it together. BP.
2. Williams’ Flaxela Living Legend of Gwendonydd. Larger type throughout and not always helping handler but when settled good flowing movement.
Very good class with three worthy exhibits.
1. Dunhill-Hall’s Mother’s Finest Jon Snow at Fantasa. Outgoing and active type with good overall shape, clean cut neck and front, well bodied, good rear angulation, coat in good order, would like a more steady movement.
2. Watkins’ Zaraslake Lucky Seven. Very close decision. Very good head and bite, nice ear set, would prefer a little different trimming on head, good body shape with deep chest, moved with purpose.
3. Tilley’s Janeyjimjams Jubilee Star at Starzak.
1. Blandford’s Janeyjimjams Joshua. Stood four square, smart and upstanding in appearance, good head, nicely made shoulders, liked body proportions, moved out well
1. Meister & Brooks’ Silkcroft Crests of Waves. Good overall type, size and shape, strong head and in balance and proportion to body, good neck and shoulders, level topline with well set tail and plenty of substance behind the tail, good parallel rear movement, in good coat. Res DCC.
2. Catlow’s Flaxela Too Fast for Love at Justjingo. Larger type than 1, but all in proportion, well made head, straight front, close coupled body, not as positive in rear movement as 1
3. Bristow’s Denzilly Sweet Destiny for Avard.
1.Howes’ Ch. Daisymaes Enforcer. Nice to see how well this boy has developed since I judged him as a puppy, square and compact, can only repeat my comments as to strength of head and proportions, good neck and shoulders, well made body with good tail set, good rear angulation which produced good drive, coat in good order. DCC.
2. Satherley & Smith’s Am Ch. Haldane Chasin’ Tail. Strongly made head with good bite, neat well set ears, giving overall typical expression, moved well, in full coat.
3. House’s Glendowan Tarquol.
1. Gale’s Flaxela Drop Dead Gorgeous. Liked overall size and shape, good balance, good body with level topline and good tail set, coat coming on well, moved soundly.
2. Howes’ Flaxela New Vision at Daisymaes. Litter sister to winner, larger type throughout, in super coat, not moving as true in rear as 1.
1. Satherley’s Silkcroft Auroras Encore. Alone but very worthy winner. Very feminine type and handled well to make the most of her attributes, good head and ears, nice neck and shoulders, good body and tail set, well angulated rear and good mover, to be ultra critical I would just prefer a little more of her.
1. S Auroras Encore.
2. Connor’s Regalred Russian Romance. Liked size, shape and proportions. Good head, well bodied, tended to move a little close behind.
3. Rogers’ Kizzahal Kiss and Tell.
1. Herbert’s Calvenace She’s The One at Julibidd. Another one was has come on in leaps and bounds since I judged her as a puppy, liked overall appearance, tended to overstretch the rear legs at times which detracted the picture, but when standing correctly stood four square and demanded attention, good head proportions, correct bite, nice neck and shoulders, coat in good order, moved out well. Res BCC.
2. Hill’s Janeyjimjams Jive Queen. Another who stood four square and with purpose, strong head with good mouth, well bodied, well muscled and developed rear quarters producing strong drive, very good coat.
3. Atyeo’s Kanjuley Scarlet O’Hara.
1. Satherley’s Ch Silkcroft Colour of Magic. Not hard to understand the Ch prefix in front of this girls name and very worthy title holder, 6 years of age but her outgoing and youthful attitude belied her age, nice size, very well made head and good ear carriage, strong neck, well laid shoulders, good body with level topline and well set tail, nice rear angulation, in good coat, moved with fluidity and ease. BCC and BOB.
2. Moles & Williams’ Kinaelan Cachique at Celtannia. Well put together, square and compact, good head with flat skull and neat ears, good front, not always helping herself.
3. Munn’s Snowmeadow Peggy Phurrari.
1. Tilley’s Starzak Solid Gold Ez Action. 9 years but still having exuberance of youthfulness, very honest sort and a credit to her owner.
2. Williams’ Ch Brynhir Rochelle Lil Rock. Very nice type but a little more attention to leg furnishings would improve overall picture.
3. Bristow’s Kellynack Viva La Passione for Avard.
1. Shrive’s Emalot Santa Maria. Square and compact, nicely balanced proportions, well bodied, good reach in front movement but a little close behind, in good coat.
Max King (Judge)