|Soft Coat Wheaten||Border Union 16 Judge's Critique|
Border Union 16 Judge
SOFT COATED WHEATEN BORDER UNION 16
Judge(s): MRS GILL FORD (KANJULEY)
1 Cooper’s Janeyjimjams Jubilee Juke. Lovely pup, masculine well balanced head, good bite, nice pigment. Straight front and well laid shoulders, level topline and short coupled. Irish coat developing well. Moved very soundly but a bit loose all round at the moment. BPD.
1. Moles and Williams Celtannia Extra Suave . Lovely young dog, good head with parallel planes and strong neck into well laid shoulder. Good topline and tailset with balanced angulation front and rear. Good bone and substance and nice textured coat. Moved well but still a bit loose.
2. Pascoe’s Calvenace My Sweet Lord for Middlebury. Another good young dog with many virtues. Masculine well balanced head, good neck, shoulder and tailset, good angulation and coat developing well. Tending to lose his topline on the move today and not quite as confident as 1.
1. Jones’s Wheaten Rebel’s Voice of Vision for Silverluka. Smart boy, nice head and ears giving good expression, Good neck and shoulder and level topline though coupling could be shorter. Balanced angulation front and rear but would have preferred more behind the tail. Coat maturing well. Moved nicely.
1. Mackenzie’s Kirktonhill Rumour Has It. Very nice young dog. Masculine well balanced head, good neck, shoulder and topline with plenty behind tail. Well angulated front and rear. Well bodied up and moved with drive. Coat good for texture and wave but colour needs to clear.
2. Everton’s Carkbark Good Luck Charm. Well made dog with lots to like. Balanced head with good bite, good neck and shoulder and coupling but would prefer a slightly better tailset. Good deep brisket and positive movement.
1. Bristow’s Denzilly Sweet Destiny for Avard Masculine, well balanced head with good bite and good pigment. Strong neck into well laid shoulder giving good front angulation matched by good rear angles. Moved positively with drive and reach.
2. Johnson’s Kinaelan Halsey. Balanced head with parallel planes, Masculine without coarseness, neck shoulder and topline good and good tailset. Moved soundly and Irish coat maturing nicely. Just preferred the quarters and drive of 1.
Super class of great dogs
1. Hanna’s Kinaelan Finlandia Finnian. Excellent masculine head of correct proportions with good bite and pigment, strong neck into well laid shoulder and level topline. Tail right on top with plenty behind it. Deep brisket, well ribbed back and short coupled. Good angulation all round giving powerful drive and reach shown in profile. Good behind but a little wide in front. Silky coat with loose wave and good colour. CC.
2. Fallon’s Ch Janeyjimjams Jenson JW, ShCM A lovely boy. So well made all through, head, neck, shoulder, topline and tailset all correct, deep body and well angulated front and rear. Lovely coat for texture , colour and wave and moved soundly. I just preferred the head of the winner but in the end it came down to animation.
3. Pascoe’s Ch Middlebury Shooting Star
1 Clarke’s Loofahsa Scaramouche. Good head, bite, neck and shoulder. Level topline and good tailset Good balanced angulation and moved freely. Coat silky and falling in waves. .
1. Clarke’s Flaxela Weaver of Dreams Lovely pup. Balanced head, good bite, eye and pigment, well set ear giving a typical expression. Neck, shoulder, topline and tailset all good. Short coupled and well angulated. Moved well and with confidence to take BPB, BPIB and BPIG. Congratulations.
2. Lawrence’s Kinaelan Gaia Not as mature as winner but nevertheless a very promising pup. Very feminine with good head, bite, pigment, eye and expression. Good shoulder, topline and short coupled, strong quarters and went well. Irish coat coming well and typical for age.
3. Hanna’s Kinaelan Finlandia Gilla
1 Hanna’s Celtannia Extra Confident at Kinaelan. I have admired this young girl from the ringside since she was just 6 months old and she certainly did not disappoint on the day. Very pretty, feminine head with everything correct, good neck, shoulder, topline and tailset with plenty behind tail. Moved well and with confidence. Coat maturing well. One to watch.
2. Satherley’s Silkcroft Aurora’s Encore. Another lovely young girl. Balanced throughout with a good head, bite and earset. Neck, shoulder topline and tailset all good. Coat maturing well with nice colour and moved well from strong quarters. Just marginally preferred the body proportions of the winner.
3. Rogers’s Kizzahla Kiss and Tell
1. Fraser’s Barleythrift Ida Girl This young girl posed a problem in that she was very reluctant to be handled and allowed only the briefest touches. She presented a nice outline standing and moved very well from her strong quarters with good reach and drive and with her tail happily up. Good Irish coat a bit pale at the moment but should improve with age. She is definitely worth persevering with.
1 Lui’s Thistlebee Them There Eyes at Elbanhalls A very nicely made bitch with a balanced, typical head, good reach of neck into well laid shoulder, level topline and short coupled. Good bone and substance and moved well from all angles. Mature coat with Nice wave and texture. Well presented and handled.
2. Moles and Williams’s Celtannia Extra Chic. Very good head neck, shoulder and topline. Plenty behind her well set tail. Deep chest and short coupled. Moved well. Just preferred the more mature coat of winner.
3. Macintyre’s Thistlebe Imperial Topaz.
1. Satherley’s Silkcroft One Step Closer. A very attractive, well balanced bitch. Good head, neck, shoulder, topline and tailset. Balanced angulation front and rear producing good parallel movement. A strong contender in the challenge but just lost out on maturity.
2. Clarke’s Flaxela Everlasting Love Ir Jr Ch. A very well made bitch all through. Feminine head and expression, well laid shoulder and good topline. Strong quarters and balanced angulation. Moved freely. Coat developing well. Just preferred coat colour of winner.
3. Saltherley’s Silkcroft World Explorer.
1 Moles and Williams’s Kinaelan Cachique. Super bitch presenting a lovely picture standing and moving. Balanced throughout with good, head and expression, strong neck into well laid shoulders giving a straight front. Level topline, short coupled, good tailset and strong quarters. Well angulated front and rear. Moved with purpose and drive and all covered with a lovely coat with great texture and colour. Pleased to give her CC and BOB
2. Charleton’s Janeyjimjams Jemima. Very similar to winner in construction, well made throughout with balanced angulation giving excellent free movement. Level topline but slightly longer cast than winner and preferred the coat of 1 on the day.RCC
Three well known girls showing and moving like youngsters.
1. Bristow’s Kellynack Viva La Passione for Avard A feminine bitch well made throughout without any exaggeration. Good head, neck and shoulder, level topline and balanced angulation. Moved straight and true with freedom.
2. Hanna’s Ch/Ir Ch Kinaelan Quietly Confident CW09/12 EW09 A size bigger and well constructed throughout. Head, neck, shoulder and topline and tailset all good. Mature Irish coat Moved well from strong rear end. Just preferred the slightly shorter coupling of 1.
3. Salisbury’s Orliscwt Lillee The Pink
Judge(s): MRS GILL FORD (KANJULEY)