Liverpool Historical Walks © copyright
|Places||A Historical Walk Around Liverpool Tour One|
Walk in a nutshell
A high-octane stride through the heart of Liverpool's world heritage site.
1. Starting at St George's Hall, walk through St John's Gardens and turn left into William Brown Street.
2. Turn left into Whitechapel.
3. Turn right into Stanley Street and then left at Matthew Street.
This Is Stanley Street, You Will Enter At The Bottom (Center Of Pic.) - Turn Left Into Mathew Street (First Left)
4. Turn right on to North John Street then left on to Dale Street. Walk to the other end of Castle Street, to the Queen Victoria monument on Derby Square.
5. Turn right down James Street and follow the road down to Albion House. Return along James Street and turn left on to Fenwick Street. Continue on to Rumford Street.
6. Turn left into Chapel Street to reach St Nicholas church and gardens. Walk to the opposite side of the Strand.
7. Continue walking along the Strand, past the new Liverpool One shopping and leisure complex on your left. Turn right into the Albert Dock.
8. Take a stroll around Albert Dock and walk back on to Wapping, continuing through Liverpool One bus station into Hanover Street and turn right at Duke Street. Continue and turn left on to Slater Street. Turn left on to Bold Street.
9. At Central station, turn right on to Ranelagh Street, cross at the pedestrian crossing and turn left on to Lime Street. Continue past the train station and finish back at St George's Hall.